We all love pants. We all wear it. Pants make us comfortable and easy to move. They are also can be wore in any occasions. There are many styles of pants and they all look gorgeous and comfort to wear. Having lots of pants are easy, but keeping them always in a good condition is not that easy.
Broken zipper as an example, this kind of damage can be so frustrating. Especially if it happens to our favorite pants and we don’t know how to fix it. That’s why, learning few steps in how to repair broken zipper will be very useful.
1. Prepare the things you will need such as a pair of pliers, scissors, thick thread – This is thicker than regular sewing thread, often used for buttons, and needle.
2. After that, it is time to remove the metal bumper at the bottom of the zipper with a pair of pliers. And then directly, zip the zipper all the way down to the bottom.
3. Next, you need to arrange the teeth. You can do this with your fingers. Rearrange the teeth of the zipper and straighten them out. And then zip up the zipper halfway, do this slowly. Notice if the teeth are not locking together.
4. Make sure both sides of the teeth are straight, and then stitch it up. For this step, you need a needle and thread to sew around the place where the metal stopper was. Don’t forget to sew around and around the bottom of the zipper until you have about six stitches in place. And of course, tie off in a knot on the backside of the zipper.
5. Finally the last thing is pulling your zipper all the way to the top. Done. The repaired zipper shouldn’t be catch anymore.
Easy right? Of course it is. Now you don’t need to go to a tailor just to repair a broken zipper. You can fix it by yourself.